As the summer months roll in, it`s time to start thinking about your HVAC system. Your HVAC system is a vital component in ensuring that your home stays cool and comfortable during those hot summer months. However, like any other mechanical equipment, your HVAC system requires regular care and maintenance to ensure it`s running efficiently.
This is where HVAC preventative maintenance agreements come in. An HVAC preventative maintenance agreement is a contract between you and a professional HVAC contractor, where they provide you with regular maintenance services for your system.
What is included in an HVAC preventative maintenance agreement?
Most HVAC preventative maintenance agreements cover several important aspects of your HVAC system, including:
1. Checking and cleaning the evaporator and condenser coils
2. Checking and replacing air filters
3. Lubricating moving parts
4. Checking the refrigerant levels
5. Inspecting and cleaning the blower components
6. Checking the electrical connections
7. Inspecting the thermostat and controls
The frequency of visits may vary depending on the agreement you choose, but regular maintenance is typically recommended twice a year.
What are the benefits of an HVAC preventative maintenance agreement?
There are several significant benefits to having an HVAC preventative maintenance agreement, including:
1. Improved efficiency – Regular maintenance ensures that your HVAC system is running at peak efficiency, which can help lower your energy costs.
2. Increased lifespan – Proper maintenance can also extend the lifespan of your HVAC system, reducing the need for costly repairs or replacements.
3. Peace of mind – Having an HVAC preventative maintenance agreement gives you peace of mind in knowing that your system is in good hands and that any potential issues are being addressed before they become major problems.
4. Priority service – Most HVAC contractors offer priority service to customers with preventative maintenance agreements, which means you won`t have to wait in line if you need emergency repairs.
5. Discounts – Many HVAC contractors offer discounts on repairs and replacement parts to customers with preventative maintenance agreements, which can save you money in the long run.
In summary, an HVAC preventative maintenance agreement is a smart investment for any homeowner looking to keep their HVAC system running efficiently. Not only does it provide peace of mind, but it can also save you money by reducing energy costs and the need for costly repairs or replacements. Contact your local HVAC contractor to learn more about preventative maintenance agreements and how they can benefit you.